Friday, December 9, 2011
My Semi-Practical Holiday Wishlist
1. Elin Kling x H&M - Metal Choker: Right off the bat, my wishlist begins with a sold-out item. This choker was released only at H&M in Sweden (Elin's hometown) and was instantly snatched up by the locals. Perhaps documenting my love for it will send a message out to the universe? But wait, isn't Mercury in retrograde right now? Shit.
2. Alaïa Two-Toned Ankle Boots: I encountered these beauties at Satine last night and on Net-a-Porter today. I love that the wedge is blacked-out and produces the illusion that a classic Alaïa stiletto heel is hiding underneath.
3. Alexander Wang - Marion Mini Sling Bag: This really is the perfect sling. It's just my size (I can't do big bags), and I love the geometric frame with masculine hardware. It feels like something that Sean Young in Blade Runner would rock.
4. Dasha Zhukova for Illesteva Shades: Dasha is a Russian model, fashion designer, art collector, and the founding editor of Garage (here's my minuscule moment of fame on the mag's blog). She collaborated with one of my favorite eyewear brands, Illesteva, on these slick tortoise-framed shades, which I've tried on and aptly became obsessed with.
5. 'Zina Cava: I've been a fan of Vena Cava from the second they launched. I've interviewed them many times and have attended their fantastical runway shows during NYFW, so a single tear trickled down my face when I heard that they were possibly closing up shop. The adorable 'zine that they created would be a great keepsake. #savevenacava
6. Erdem - Floral Print Scarf: Back in October, I pretty much died and went to Erdem heaven. I interviewed the designer for Refinery29, and subsequently pet the entire SS12 collection for about an hour (or until they politely informed me that my time was up). No one does prints like Erdem and obviously I can't afford his RTW, so an artsy scarf like this would do just fine.
7. Pressed Juicery Gift Card: I love Pressed Juicery so much. Cold-pressed juices are my new thing, and their collection is significantly superior. A $5,000+ gift card here would be fantastic, thank you very much.
8. Reed Krakoff - Python Cuff: Former Coach president and creative director Reed Krakoff has this way of toughening up jewelry and accessories without being too literal. I love that this cuff feels badass without the need of incorporating a single stud or spike, because the exotic python and T-bar stand up for themselves just fine. This bag is pretty dreamy, too.
9. One Week on Cocoa Island in the Maldives: 1,192 islands inhabit the magical Maldives, so if I were ever offered a trip there, I would specifically ask to stay on Cocoa Island, which hosts those awesome stilted huts that you see in movies and photos. But beggars can't be choosers so any island will do, Mr. Hypothetical Trip-Offerer.