Since I get way too excited about experimenting with beauty products, I thought I'd share some of my recent discoveries with y'all in this new column. I'm currently on a major skincare kick, so here's a roundup of the skintastic products and tools that I plan on sticking with this month (clockwise from left):
1. Clarisonic Mia: I'm finally the proud owner of a Clarisonic, and I'm as obsessed with it as I thought I'd be. I love the whole micro-massaging process and the fact that it cleans my face six times better than if I used my hands. The Mia model is perf for traveling because it's portable, waterproof, and cordless. I use it every morning with my favorite cleanser (see #3), then I just spritz on some toner (see #8) followed by moisturizer (see #7), and I'm ready for the world.
2. Bioderma Crealine H20 Non-Rinse Cleanser: This is beauty guru Pat McGrath's backstage secret weapon during fashion week, so naturally I do whatever she says. I love how this water-based cleanser quickly removes makeup (even pesky eyeliner) without tugging on the skin. And the fact that you don't have to rinse with water after application really comes in handy on those late nights when you don't have the time, energy, or coherence to perform a full skincare routine.
3. Perricone MD Nutritive Cleanser: Emily Weiss of addictive beauty blog Into the Gloss first turned me on to this paraben-free brand in this post. While she's a fan of the more gentle cleanser, I love the nutritive formula because it lends a nice dose of anti-aging antioxidants and provides firming and toning benefits. Plus, it smells really, really good.
4. Greenleaf Haven Hand Cream: I received this hand cream at the adorable SS12 Imitation of Christ presentation/wedding back in September, and haven't been able to keep my paws off of it. The aromatherapeutic scent is fantastic and the formula keeps my hands exceptionally soft. I love using this after DIY manicures.
5. Ahava Dermud Nourishing Body Cream: This lotion is everything. I slather it on my entire body every night to keep skin hydrated and mega moisturized. I have semi dry skin on my arms and legs, so this formula's trio of Dead Sea mud, Vitamin E, and Aloe Vera does the trick for me.
6. Dr. Brandt Collagen Booster Serum: I know I don't have to really worry about wrinkles just yet, but it's never too early to take preventive measures. I love that this serum is free of sulfates and synthetics, and visibly plumps the skin, shrinks pores, and keeps wrinkles far, far away. I apply this twice a week under my moisturizer.
7. Hydroxatone AM/PM Anti-Wrinkle Complex: This was yet another great fashion week giftbag score - this time at the SS12 Charlotte Ronson show. I was particularly interested in this moisturizer because it's paraben-free (one of the first things I look for in a product), contains SPF 15, and promotes natural levels of collagen. Essentially, it's a healthy and painless form of botox in a bottle.
8. Pangea Organics Facial Toner: Yes, this is a shameless plug as I wrote this product description for Birchbox a few months back, but the stuff really works. I spritz this baby on after my Clarisonic and cleanser routine to prep my skin for moisturizer, and apply again midday if I need a nice boost of purifying hydration.
Let me know if you try any of these or have questions!