Since checking in luggage gives me anxiety, I only travel with one carry-on suitcase and one laptop bag -- and this trip was no different. Crazy talk, I know! Although most of my clothing is small enough to jam into minuscule spaces (I'm a shorty), packing two weeks' worth of looks into a 22-inch spinner was certainly a challenge. With that said, here's a roundup of seven transitional, versatile and, above all, comfortable pieces that I wouldn't have been able to survive without.
1. Marco Santi - Heather Buckle Wedge Bootie (Black): Thanks to the brilliant folks over at Sole Society, I've finally found the perfect bootie that looks good with everything and allows me to walk everywhere without limping after a few hours of ground time. I wore these sole-saving kicks all over both New York and London, and will definitely be rocking them to shreds this fall.
2. Suboo - Sun Kissed Nirvana Mini Dress: I discovered this fantastic Aussie label in July when I covered Miami Swim Week for Vogue Australia. I fell hard for this stunning kaleidoscope dress and was thrilled when they asked me to wear it during NYFW. It's the perfect transitional piece, too: sport it with a cropped denim jacket and booties during the day and pair with bare arms and a hot heel at night.
3. KAIN Label - Eastwood Dress (Black): This is the perfect LBD, hands down. I love the asymmetrical hemline and racer back detail, and the fact that it's the perfect canvas for gold jewelry. For day, I paired it with my trusty Marco Santi booties, a cuff by Bec & Bridge and my all-time favorite spiked choker by Joomi Lim. For night, I stepped up the fancy factor by wearing this dress with:
4. Sole Society - Brooklyn Round Toe Pump (Stardust): That KAIN Label dress looked ideal with the sparkly stems I wore to Carine Roitfeld's swank launch party for her CR Fashion Book at The Frick Collection art museum. (You can read my party recap for BlackBook here.)
5. AKIRA - Lace Panelled Peasant Blouse (White): The airy, sheer details of this dainty white top (which worked as a dress for my petite self) made it perfect for day, but looked equally chic paired with black scalloped shorts and -- you guessed it -- booties at night.
6. SGC N-Y-C Inverted Cross Tank: This is my friend Jason Alfano's awesome NY-based label. I wore this oversized tank with perforated leather to two of my favorite fashion week parties this season: the Jeremy Scott major rager at Le Bain in New York and the Marios Schwab x ASOS cabaret at Crazy Horse Paris in London.
7. Funktional - Indiana Contrast Jacket (Black/Grey): The day before heading to London Fashion Week, I freaked out when my friend BJ told me that it was freezing there. I was still in an NY state of mind at the time, so I didn't even think to pack a jacket for my trip across the pond. Luckily, my friends at LA label Funktional offered a cold weather solution in the form of this rad varsity jacket/peacoat hybrid. I wore it to shows, on the streets, on the tube and, of course, during my double-decker bus shenanigans, as you can see in the opening pic of this post.